- 4 sweet potatoes (medium size)
- 400 g canned chickpeas (rinsed and washed)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin, coriander, cinnamon, ground sweet red pepper
- 1 pinch of sea salt (or lemon juice)
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of dried dill (or 2-3 teaspoons of fresh dill)
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- water (or unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes (diced)
- 1/4 cup of parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- chili sauce
Heat oven to 200°C and put a foil on a baking tray. Thoroughly wash sweet potatoes and cut them in halves. Mix chickpeas with olive oil and spices and place on foil-covered baking tray. Coat the sweet potatoes with olive oil and lay them (cut side down) on the same tray.
While the sweet potatoes and chickpeas are in the oven, prepare gravy. Put all of the gravy ingredients in a bowl and mix using a mixer, adding some water or almond milk to make sure the gravy is not too thick. Taste to see if you need to add more spices.
Now prepare parsley and tomato sauce dressing by mixing tomatoes and parsley with lemon juice and allow it to marinate.
After about 25 minutes probe the sweet potatoes in the oven with a fork to see if they softened and if the chickpeas became golden-brown, and if both are ready, you can remove the tray from the oven.
Place the sweet potatoes on serving plates cut side up, and spike them with a fork. Then pour gravy and baked chickpeas on top, and decorate with parsley and tomato dressing. Bon appetite!